Android is the most advanced and fastest growing mobile operating system, which is developed by Google and is based on Linux kernel and is designed for touch screen mobile devices and tablets. In recent years, there have been some rapid improvements in Android OS and is now entertaining over billion users worldwide. Some major mobile manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, LG and many more are using Android as their primary operating system. In 2016, you’ll find mostly devices running on either Android 6.0 Marshmallow or on its predecessor Android 5.0 Lollipop. Keeping in view the emerging market and users fast growing needs, Google has created its very own Android market named as Google Play Store where you can find billions of amazing applications and games for your Android device. Android is an open source platform meaning that the copyright holder provides the right to study and make changes in the code. This Android open source capability allowed Android developers to take the Android experience from small screen to a bigger one e.g Windows PC or MAC and now you can run android apps for Windows PC & MAC.
Yes, you heard it right. You can now run Android OS on bigger screen and can play its apps and games. There are many emulators available in the market that allows you to run Android on Windows and MAC but the best one that’s available is none other than Bluestacks Android Emulator. Bluestacks is a free to use Android emulator and it gives you a 100% stable Android experience. All those users who don’t own an Android device but want to try Android operating system can use it on their Windows PC/Laptop or in MAC OS X powered device.
If you are interested and want to try Bluestacks then you need to follow our detailed guide. This tutorial is specially for Windows and MAC based operating system and if you are running it on Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and MAC OS X then it will work fine. We have tested Bluestacks for running some Android based mobile games like Clash of Clans, Candy Crush Saga, Vector Flappy Bird and fortunately, all these games worked perfectly. If you want to play Clash of Clans for PC, Candy Crush for PC, Flappy Bird for PC, Mortal Kombat for PC, Witcher 3 for PC then you need to setup Bluestacks App Player first.
Download and Install Bluestacks Android App Player on Windows PC and MAC:
- First, you need to download Bluestacks App Player. You can download the Setup for Windows and MAC from here Make sure you have an active internet connection. Bluestacks for Windows | Bluestacks for MAC.
- After downloading, Run the setup.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to select app store access and installation location. Once done, begin the installation.
- Now, wait for the installation to get finish. Once its done, Bluestacks will start downloading some game data as well. Make sure its downloaded and installed as well.
- Once done, Bluestacks Home screen will launch which will have a beautiful interface and will be full of Android applications preinstalled. You can check all the pre-installed apps by clicking on the “All Apps” button. However, you can also use Bluestacks search bar to install any new application or games.
- Once you search for a new app, Bluestacks will ask you to link it with a Google account. Link your Google account with Bluestacks. Once done, you need to enable Enable AppStore and App Sync and now you can install any Google Play Store app on your Windows PC or MAC.
That’s it. You have successfully installed BlueStacks Android App for PC. If you have any questions, do let us know in the comments.